Saturday, September 17, 2011

Learning topics and becoming!

           I love how Brother Williams had us discuss what WE want to learn this semester. The class made a great list of things I want to learn and some things I had never thought about. Things that I could DEFIANTLY apply to my life now and in the future. What I really liked form the list was: how to blend two families together after marriage (in-laws), positive forms of discipline, how isolated couples should be after marriage and how they can still socialize, adoption the pros and cons, how much should intimacy play in a marriage, how to avoid divorce and how to consult those who have gone through it.
         I also enjoyed the activity when we wrote down what we hope to become after this class. I decided to share it with you all. I hope to become a better spouse to my loving husband. I want to be a better communicator to him and everyone else around me. I want to become better prepare to be a mother in Zion. I want to be a scholar of all kinds and an expert in the family. I want to be able to stand up for what I believe and to use doctrine to back me up. I want to be better at blending my family with my husband's family. I want to NOT be a bump on a log and to act and NOT be acted upon.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment